Search This Blog

Thursday, August 9, 2018

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

Summertime "dogging activities" are often "up early" and "out late"in order to get the cool of the day.  When I occasionally start out before dawn or return to the truck in the dark of evening, there exists a certain amount of frustration with checking the dog, and putting stuff away because (in my opinion) even a headlamp--though good for trail walking--lacks when working at the tailgate.

Initially, I thought LED lights would to be the ticket, but I wasn't able to adequately secure them onto the interior of the truck cap.  (They weren't that bright either.)  Recently, two things "converged" to solve my problem:   lighted, wireless light switches and INDUSTRIAL strength Velcro.  What a find!

Double light "switches" came out first, but then someone must have had the wonderful idea that if two were "pretty good", four ought to be "great".  They are!

As an experiment, I used industrial-strength Velcro to install a four-light switch on one side of the cap, and on the other side I installed the older-version two-light switch.  So far, so good. The lights have stayed where I put them on the inside of the fiberglass cap.  They haven't moved even with intense summer heat or vibration from traveling over dirt roads. 



I like this idea.  It is "up there" with the remote outside thermometer ($9.95) mounted on the cage in the back so --from the cab--I can tell the temperature
where K-Lee is riding.  (Believe me, after a day of moose muck and swamp grime, no one wants her "up front" in the cab!)


The only thing I'm going to do with my little experiment is to replace the two-light with another "four" and place another four-light directly overhead.  

If you want me, just look for the glow.








No comments:

Post a Comment