Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

BANNED FROM FRONT DOOR USE!

A sign of spring is nesting birds.  I noted to my bride of 48 years that songbirds were coming to our wreath that was hung near the front door. They were pecking at the Styrofoam "berries".  The half "eaten" red berries are now white.  I can only assume that they are using the stuff for nest insulation.   

I was sternly instructed to leave the wreath up for the birds' use.  

   
I studied the wreath more closely and discovered a house finch's nest.   So, I mixed what I thought was "knowledge" with an air of "logic" and walked into the kitchen.  I told the person "to whom I am related by marriage" that I was going to take the nest down so that  the hen would re-nest in another location.  (There was plenty of time for that, and birds do it all the time.)  Bad move.


Four blue eggs

Suddenly, there were new guidelines. All foot traffic was redirected.  The dog and I are now banned from using the front door so that the little finch will not be scared off and lose her babies (eggs).  


The dog and I now have to go out through the garage.  


The bird gets the front door and we get the servants' entrance.
Mama bird bailing out




Especially after dark, it's like a theatrical opening.  The door goes up, the lights are on and 'voila!', there's K-Lee and me giving another 'show' for the neighbors.  

Please contact me for seat reservations.

'Mama' lecturing me on "violating" her space





































No comments:

Post a Comment